Kulturprinsen to conference at Christiansborg
Kulturprinsens centre manager Ulla Voss Gjesing was invited to a conference at Christiansborg on 22 May, where art and culture were put on the agenda for a while.
The afternoon will feature a different debate around two main questions: "What can art and culture do for business?" and "What can art and culture do for primary schools?"
The programme for the afternoon is as follows:
15.30 – 15.35: Opening of the conference by host and chairman of the Culture Committee Orla Hav. Introductory remarks by Chairman of the Danish Artists' Council, Jørgen Thorup and Director of the Mors Culture Meeting Claus Svenstrup.
15.35 – 16.40: Act 1) What can art and culture do for business - and what SHOULD art and culture do for business?
16.40 – 16.55: Break - wine and snacks
16.55 -18.00: Act 2) After the break, the format is repeated - now with the question: What can art and culture do in primary schools? (16.55-18.00)
Moderator: Clement Kjersgaard
The policy panel consists of:
- Mogens Jensen (S), cultural spokesman
- Rasmus Nordquist (Alt), rapporteur on culture
- Orla Hav, host and chairman of the Culture Committee
- Carl Christian Ebbesen (DF), Mayor of Culture, City of Copenhagen
- Pia Allerslev (V), Mayor for Children and Youth, City of Copenhagen
- Act 1 - Arts and Professions
- Signe Sylvester, Artoteket
- Signe Christiani, Mercedes
- John Norden, My Banker
- Gert Barslund, Occupational psychologist and musician
- Zahid But, Founder of Copenhagen games and owner of esport.dk
- Lena Brostrøm Dideriksen, President of the Danish Artists' Union and Vice-President of the Danish Artists' Council
- Act 2 - Arts and culture in primary schools
- Mogens Christensen Composer, from the project "Musikalliancen"
- Jørgen Thorup, Musician and Chairman of the Danish Artists Council
- Steen Hildebrandt, Professor University of Aarhus
- Line Leonhardt, lyricist and member of the Danish Artists Council project KIK
- Johanne Anderson, cellist and member of the Danish Artists Council project KIK
- Ulla Voss Gjesing, Head of the Cultural Prince
- Charlotte Calberg /Camilla Lohmann, house artist scheme
- The conference is organised in collaboration between Kulturmødet Mors, Danish Artists Council and Have Kommunikation